Gate Installation & Repair Experts
Protection for your family is usually the top concern when someone is asked about safety. People want to keep their house private and not give intruders an opportunity. Houses that have electric fences provide that privacy and security. Recent research shows that home break-in cases are on the rise. Homeowners must be aware of this issue and make sure they take the proper precautions.
Electric gates can help keep you safe. Electric gates also add prestige and value to your home. Adding to the bottom line of the most valuable asset you own while also protecting your loved ones sounds like an easy way to make everybody happy.
Best Style of Gate
In most cases, a sliding gate is recommended if there is enough space. At All County Fence and Gate, we believe it is the best option:
- Wear and tear - a slide gate has a better weight distribution than other types of gates, therefore it is more reliable.
- Safety - as far as safety goes, it is easier to protect your vehicles and loved ones using safety devices if you have a slide gate, because it is moving in one straight line. A swing gate, for example, has "dead zones" which are harder to cover using safety devices.
Other Gates Available
If there isn't enough space for a standard slide gate, a swing gate, overhead gate, or is some cases a retractable slide gate can be used. A retractable slide gate is a slide gate divided into two pieces, and requires about half the opening size to open into.
The professionals at All County Fence and Gate always recommend using a steel frame for your gate for added stability and strength. The majority of all gates are wrought iron gates or wood gates with a steel frame. The wood of choice for your driveway gate is Redwood, as it is light and withstands environmental elements very well.
An alternative type of steel you can use for your driveway gate is stainless steel. It is more expensive than regular steel, but it resists corrosion and rust far better than regular steel does. Some people would also prefer using stainless steel for aesthetic reasons.
Electric Gate Repair
At All County Fence and Gate, we repair all types of gates, entry systems and accessories. Our company is committed to providing a professional service to all our customers.
If your gate has stopped functioning, there are various reasons why that might be. There could be issues with the power it needs to run - make sure that the gate's electrical breaker is turned on. If you don't have a dedicated breaker for the gate or you don't know where it is, look for signs that your operator has power. For example: you should hear a clicking noise coming from the operator when you press your remote.
If there is power, make sure there is nothing physically blocking the gate's movement. If this is the case, your motor might need to be reset.
If none of these suggestions have fixed the issue, it is time to call in a professional. More damage can be done if the gate operator is worked on by someone without the knowledge and expertise of how they work.
Gate Opener Maintenance
Service is suggested if any of the following occur:
- The chain is very loose
- If when the gate opens or closes, it slams against the post.
- If a grinding or squeaking noise is heard.
- The gate moves slower than it used to.
In any case we recommended having your gate serviced at least once a year, depending on frequency of use.
Servicing your electric gate should include the following:
- Adjustments to chain tension (for slide gates) or springs tension (for overhead gates).
- Hinge lubrication(if it is a swing gate) or chains, guide rollers
- and wheels (in case of a slide gate).
- Monitoring of gate's travel time.
- Confirmation that all safety devices, if present, function properly.
- Confirmation that gate movement is free and that surrounding environment is nice and clean.
Most gate operators are equipped with a built-in reverse sensor. This sensor stops/reverses the gate when it hits an obstacle. If your gate is installed in a commercial property (residential buildings with more than four units are also considered a commercial property), you are required to have at least two safety devices installed (UL-325 industry standard).
Even though you don't have to, we recommend having an additional safety device installed, to completely prevent contact.
These are a few of the most common safety devices available today:
- Photo-eye. The photo eye sends and receives a signal across your driveway, when this signal breaks your gate reverses. .
- Loop sensor. The loop sensor is installed under your driveway, and using a magnetic field detects your vehicle.
- Miller-edge. This touch-activated sensor is a long piece of rubber installed on the edge of your gate. When it hits an obstacle the sensor sends an immediate signal to your operator to reverse.
At All County Gate Fence and Gate, we offer a fully licensed and insured company that can design, install and/or repair an electric gate system for your home, lot or office building. You will receive top notch service that is both fast and efficient. The All County Gate and Fence word is as strong as the gates we build. We will always stand by our initial quotes and estimates and never tack on any hidden fees or extras mid-job.
As the saying goes, nothing lasts forever; but that doesn't mean things can't be fixed. Welcome to All County Fence and Gate, an electric gate repair company serving clients all over Los Angeles.
We know why you opted to install an electric gate on your property. Whether for convenience or security, your electric gate has hopefully served you well. But unfortunately, machines are machines, and they sometimes need repairs. All County Fence and Gate offers expert electric gate repair services. Each one of our electric gate repair contractors was handpicked based on stringent criteria and comes with years of experience in the industry.
With All County Fence and Gate you don't have to worry about scrapping your electric gate because of malfunction or structural damage. Our job is to offer electric gate repair that assesses and addresses all that must be done to restore your electric gate to full functioning order.
Call us today for a free estimate!